Stop the spread of the virus… NEW Covid-19 antibody testing
Safeguard your workforce and your clients and keep your business (and the economy) going
during the Covid-19 pandemic. On-site Covid-19 antibody tests are now available via our Health Checks service.
Testing for Covid-19 will:
- help to safeguard your workforce and your customers from exposure to infection
- minimise disruption to your business
- reduce absenteeism due to self-isolation
- identify symptomatic and asymptomatic Individuals (silent carriers) infected with the Covid-19 virus, who pose a risk to your workforce and any other individual that they come into contact with.
- provide your company with crucial information, so that you can take strategic steps to safely implement a phased return to work.
Unlike the throat and nose swab tests designed to identify whether someone is currently infected with the virus, Covid-19 Antibody test kits can also detect whether someone has ‘previously had’ the virus. They provide immediate results, and do not need to be sent to a laboratory for analysis.
With your (and their) safety in mind, our health technicians are tested for Covid-19 on a weekly basis.
What the test involves
A finger prick sample of blood is taken by our professional health technician and tested for the presence of Covid-19 antibodies. The test determines whether you have had, or still have the virus, and whether there are antibodies present in your blood which can fight off the virus, should it return.
Recent studies show that it is reasonable to assume that there will be protection for up to one to three years. It’s common for antibodies to wane over time, however when that happens, the immune system doesn’t necessarily have to start again from scratch. Memory of a past infection can be stored in a cell called a ‘memory B cell’. These cells don’t make antibodies unless the virus comes back, but then they react very quickly in making antibodies again.
There are several outcomes to a test, which will tell us one of the following:
The patient has early stages of Covid-19
The patient has recently/previously been infected with Covid-19
The patient has late/end stages of Covid-19 (potentially immune)
The patient does not have and has never had Covid-19
If you would like to know more about health screening for your workforce, let’s have a conversation.